[Unique]  [Mooninites]  [Unichan]  [Burichan]  [Futaba]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

[Return]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 108541)
Message
Captcha
File
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4000 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 696 unique user posts. View catalog

Boxxosphere SpreadShirt Store

File 139113414484.jpg - (6.64KB , 455x325 , thats+_e3f2466ec0323f47ed32a7777e3dc35f.jpg )
108541 No. 108541
On December 10, 2009, a user by the name of Lia Dawson (id: 'lia') filed a false copyright claim against user boxxybabee with the intention of claiming the copyrights 'Boxxy' and 'boxxybabee'. This user has no relation to the famous Internet figure 'Boxxy' and is falsely claiming to possess the copyrights to this character. The following is a legal notice that has been forwarded to YouTube staff in regards to this matter:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you foar taking the time to investigate this matter. As you must understand, it is quite bizarre foar me as the original creator to be accused of infringing my own work.

Executive summary:
Frivolous DMCA takedown requests were issued in the names "Lia Dawson" and "Frank Lawson" against multiple videos of the character "Boxxy". This was done in collaboration with YouTube user "lia", who re-uploaded (ids: jfxRBO0owqAmy, 5YcJqYIfwHc, 9V2PSAiQ3Qk) my original work, and claimed copyright of it. Several accounts, including my own "boxxybabee", got suspended.

Detailed description:
In January 2008 I created, based on earlier work of mine, a character called "Boxxy" and recorded two videos. The videos were uploaded to the YouTube channel "boxxybabe". A year later, when the videos started to go viral, I decided to re-upload them to a new account, "boxxybabee" (two Es), along with a third video. The videos in question are:
(1) FOAR EVERYWUN FRUM BOXXY (id: Yavx9yxTrsw)
(2) FOAR ANT FUM BOXXY (id: 80hx2FfWjow)
(3) FOAR 4DD1 FRUM BOXXY (id: VcydqSpYN00)
All three were very popular, with the first one gaining over six million views, and my account being one of the most subscribed channels of all time.

These videos are entirely my own creation, including but not limited to the character "Boxxy", the script, the recording, and the editing. The videos contain no music or sound effects. The recording took place in my own home, using my own equipment. No one except myself appears in the videos.

On December 10-11, 2009 these videos were removed after copyright claims by "Lia Dawson" (foar ids: Yavx9yxTrsw and VcydqSpYN00) and "Frank Lawson" (foar id: 80hx2FfWjow). The YouTube user "lia" then re-uploaded the videos (as ids: jfxRBO0owqAmy, 5YcJqYIfwHc, 9V2PSAiQ3Qk) and issued takedown requests on all other mirrors of the videos. The profile page of user "lia" incorrectly states that I have transfered copyright of the "Boxxy" videos to them. They also violate my privacy and the YouTube Community Guidelines by, against my wishes, revealing my name.

Due to certain events (my account got hijacked, but was then restored) I do not wish to access the boxxybabee account. Nevertheless, I want my creations to be freely available online foar the enjoyment of others in the "frozen" state that they were before. I do not at all mind the countless mirrors ("trolls"), remixes, edits, parodies etc that my fans have made. However, under no circumstances do I want someone else to profit frum my creation in this manner, or to threaten my fans with litigation.

Having received this counter notification, as defined in 17 USC 512 (g) (3), you are obligated under 17 USC 512 (g) (2) (B) to restore the material in question, unless the complainant files suit against me.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct.

Yours faithfully,
[REDACTED]

I encourage YouTube staff to take action on this matter. Anyone with more information about this, please post below.
Expand all images
>> No. 108542
This historical document relates to a lot of things that we've been discussing here.

It's proof that, even when Catie was least interested in being Boxxy, she knew enough to hold onto what was hers.

Most intriguingly Catie gives a clue to the origin of Boxxy, when she says that the character was "based upon earlier work of mine."
>> No. 108544
>>108542
pretty sure it's just easier to imply towards youtube, a business, that her videos were content of her creative artistic mind, so she can claim her own likeness.

I don't know why you copy and paste the whole "document" and don't even give the actual document, either. I don't suppose you've ever had to do an essay in school.
>> No. 108545
You're absolutely right that I should have provided the link. Here it is.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/fxE4AjhX-ME


>>pretty sure it's just easier to imply towards youtube, a business, that her videos were content of her creative artistic mind, so she can claim her own likeness.

You're saying that because this is a legal document it's LESS reliable than forum postings? (Or whatever evidence you would cite if you had even cited any evidence?)

Sorry... am I being a bully by citing evidence?
>> No. 108546
>>108545
No but you're being an annoying bastard.
You're fucking retarded.
Boxxy wasn't a god damn character, Boxxy was her in her gaiaonline teenage years.
Wouldn't you want to copyright your own self?

Why do you have to turn everything into some crazy ass conspiracy?
Why do you have to make several posts in a row?
Why do you always have to make these long ass threads about bullshit?
You look like you don't know what a fucking chan is used for.
A chan isn't for publishing articles, you crazy newfaggot.
>> No. 108547
>>108546
also,
who the fuck are you even talking to 95% of the time with your posts?
>> No. 108550
File 139116069326.jpg - (138.49KB , 1920x1080 , 00002100(1).jpg )
108550
>>108546

>>Why do you have to turn everything into some crazy ass conspiracy?

What the fuck are you talking about?


Wikipedia:
A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation.

It's like you're making up words.
>> No. 108551
>>108546
Wouldn't you want to copyright your own self?

I certainly would, especially if someone else was making a false claim. I don't know of any reason why I would need to claim that I was based on my own previous work.

If Catie says something, and I accept it as what she meant, and you come up with reasons why what she said isn't what she meant, who's overthinking now?

You seem to be really invested in the idea that Boxxy comes from nothing. Nothing comes from nothing.
>> No. 108552
>>108550
you keep proposing secret theories about catie and boxxy that are built on bullshit.
>> No. 108553
>>108544
Not adressed to me but I believe I can say something...

> I don't know why you copy and paste the whole "document" and don't even give the actual document, either
If you had any interest on getting the "whole document", you might have tried to google an extract of the original post. First result is the 2010 google forum post.

> Why do you have to turn everything into some crazy ass conspiracy?
The Lia Dawson incident was pretty confusing. I believe it was an early demonstration that the copyright/DCMA system YouTube uses is stupid. Lia Dawson started owning a lot of vids and accounts, and I remember that boxxybabee was just one of them. In the end YouTube took some corrective action (ChrissyRin did a lot of work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ik_zRSLco).
As for getting back the control over boxxybabee, I never heard an official statement about how it happened (Catie told us she talked with someone in YouTube but I don't remember why did they contacted her). I believe that making the fourth Boxxy vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQyK8NbGFGA) was the reason why Youtube trusted her.

Conspiracies are usually entertaining, btw. That's why we believe in them even when they aren't real :)

> Boxxy wasn't a god damn character, Boxxy was her in her gaiaonline teenage years.
I also believe that. Catie disagrees with us (but said that we're allowed to believe what we want, ^_^).
In most Catie vids I can still see glimpses of Boxxy.
>> No. 108555
File 139118452775.jpg - (127.99KB , 900x1040 , Boxxy_by_Jhost.jpg )
108555
>>you keep proposing secret theories about catie and boxxy that are built on bullshit.

So you say,

and say,

and say,

and you back it up with nothing but epithets and mockery, but neither of these things are an argument.

>>You look like you don't know what a fucking chan is used for.
A chan isn't for publishing articles, you crazy newfaggot.

I know that the Boxxy board is for discussing Boxxy.

You seem to think that ANY thinking is overthinking. The /b/tards can pretend that /b/ invented Boxxy, but they should stay in /b/ if they don't want that dogma to be questioned. /b/ talking credit for Boxxy is like Hitler taking credit for the Diary of Anne Frank.

Speculating on the influences and origins of a work of art is one of the objects of criticism. It's a way of enjoying a work of art. It's something to be discussed and speculated over, not something to get all angry over.

If my ideas about Boxxy are bullshit, how is that really a problem for you? If you try, you might still be able to live a satisfying, meaningful life in a world where people believe crazy things about Boxxy.

The funny thing is that the last time I laid out my theory about Boxxy being influenced by anime, in the forum, the immediate response was "Well, duh!"


>>108553

>>I also believe that. Catie disagrees with us (but said that we're allowed to believe what we want, ^_^).

Yes, I agree. I said this earlier. Catie has wisely avoided standing between the fan and the what Boxxy means to the fan. Certainly, nothing that I say about Boxxy is meant to be authoritative. My ideas can only be my ideas.
>> No. 108556
>>108553
YouTube didn't contact Catie, she visited their headquarters with Intrepid. Just sayin'.
>> No. 108558
>>108553

Conspiracies are usually entertaining, btw. That's why we believe in them even when they aren't real :)

There is an entire section of law dealing with "conspiracy", which simply means, "two or more persons acting together". Please refrain from using language which tends to convince the uninformed that the meaning of the word "conspiracy" is synonymous with "imaginary".

Thank you.
>> No. 108562
File 139121440479.jpg - (83.64KB , 425x444 , 425AirportFlyingPigs.jpg )
108562
Please refrain from using language which tends to convince the uninformed that the meaning of the word "conspiracy" is synonymous with "imaginary".
>> No. 108564
File 139123744026.jpg - (199.80KB , 297x1050 , inb4 accusations of lies.jpg )
108564
Why are we talking about this again? Wasn't this taken care of years ago? Eyrev talked about this two years ago as if it was old history.
>> No. 108565
>>108564

Well, it looks like this was more like THREE years ago, and I think it's kind of bizarre that we'd all be expected to know about the previous discussion, and I don't know why we should wary of revisiting a topic after three years.

But we're not actually revisiting the topic. This isn't directly about Lia Dawson. I posted Catie's notice because I was looking for clues to Catie's attitude toward Boxxy in 2009, and clues to the origin of Boxxy, which relates to discussions we were having in more than one thread.. This is already in the thread, so I'm not going to type it twice so you can read it once.
>> No. 108567
>>108565
> clues to Catie's attitude toward Boxxy in 2009,
How about the Boxxy Forum posts from ASDF.
Catie admited in November 2010 that it was her, posting in BF as ADFG, and she was already talking about Boxxy as a character.

> and clues to the origin of Boxxy,
Catie doesn't remember why she choose the name Boxxy, but Pocky said that when Catie wanted to create a GaiaOnline account, it was her (Pocky) who choose the name MoldyLunchBoxxx. And then people called Catie as "Moldy" so Catie told them "please, Boxxy > Moldy". Boxxy looked like just a name, a nickname and not a persona/character.
>> No. 108598
Very intersting. Bt I am going to have to say that this Felix character is giving us the "Woppy Doopaloo" Or, in other words, the wingle dingle. While he can use big words to seem like he holds authroty and also links to evidence of varying types, it is safe to say that he is simply trying to walk in to Mordor .. and as we all know ... one does not simply do that. So, to conclude my synopsis of Charlotte's Web .. that pig was meant for the slaughterhouse the day that spider started making fucking words .. I mean, who even talks like that??? Not me.
>> No. 108599
Oh, and to add injury to insult: the movie that me and my daughter went to wasn't even good. But, the memories were gden.
>> No. 108603
>>108598
This is the greatest post I have ever seen on CC.
>> No. 108604
I am glad to see that fanymous even agrees with my wise words. I get the happy sweats wen i see a fello human take heed in what i have to say. We are all part of one collectiev and we must make that collective the best that we can. It may take a miracle or it may take a bit of magic. But, I am fucking magic dude, so who knows how it will go. Just grab a hat and put it on that noggin of yours and watch as things get intense.
>> No. 108605
>>108598
lolwut
>> No. 108608
>>108598
I don't even.
>> No. 108609
File 139144699183.jpg - (15.56KB , 360x270 , well-obviously.jpg )
108609
>>108603
It's not THAT great, but it is amusing. I suspect this is Boxxylvr, bur I can't prove it. Either way, it's not an accusation. I'd be happy to give him credit for a funny post. I cried like a baby when that spider died.

>>108598

>>I mean, who even talks like that???

Obviously, I do.
>> No. 108625
>>108609
Oh hi, Mr. Felix.
Let me tell you a little story.
One day as I was shopping at Walgreen's with my niece she asked me what 'twerking' was. Now being the concerned person I am, I immedietaly asked were where she learned of such atrocious behaviour. Needless to say it was at school. So, as I am getting into this twerking business with my 9yr old niece, this lady comes up and asks me where the preparation H is located. I tell her and she is off on her merry way to invest in a tube of 'rhoid cream. Anywho, back to the twerking. I tell her never to speak of it again. So, we go through the checkout without a problem. Later that evening she comes into the living room (where I am sitting and eating some cheesy poofs [because they are fucking delicious]) She asks me if I want to see her dance. I, of course, say yes. Who would say no? So, she turns around.
I immediately throw the nearest pillow at her (fully aware of what I was about to witness). She stares at me like a hyena at its prey. I remind her of our conversation at the store. She says she thinks it is very interesting. I tell her it is of the devil. She quietly returns to her room. A little whie later I hear sobbing. So, as a concerned human being, I go to see what the matter is. Turns out all she wanted to do is twerk. See, now that is exactly the thing that is wrong - I tell her. She doesn't understand why. So, being the genius that I am, I let her do the Hokie Pokie. And boy did she shake it all about .. That's what this story is about.

TL;DR Penguins are actually superior to Dolphins and will rule the world one day with there telekinetic powers.

Oh, also, I am not sure if you caught this but the "Who even talks like that" was in reference to the damn spider. Have a splendid day.
I do hope to hear from you again. I am often not acknowledged and thereofr spend most of my days feeling sorrow for myself. In fact, sometimes I try to recite facts and stuff of the like to try and make myself sem smarter or more complex than others. However, this always leads to more contempt than anything else. But, you know what that is ok. I was nto put on this world to cater to those that have differing thoughts. Like this one time at the store - I bought some spam and the cashier was all like "dude, ew" and I was all like, "fuck you". Welp, it is time to take the chickem out of the oven now. I will catch you sometime soon.
>> No. 108627
  >>108625

>>108625

I bought some spam and the cashier was all like "dude, ew" and I was all like, "fuck you".

That was a rude-ass cashier.

Personally, I love it! I'm having spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam and spam!

Rather than attempt to respond to your fine post, or read it for comprehension, I've chosen to honor my legal obligation to link to the Monty Python "Spam" sketch.
>> No. 108628
>>108627
Ahh, very well, Mate. The old "Crunchahaxabladoo" (What the dear old Monty's are called in my neck 0' the woods.)
A wonderful testament to the ingenuity of mankind. A true feat in the face of socialized stupidity. A shear wonder of grace and beauty. The Tibbels of our time would shudder in great disbelieve whilst gazing upon such undeniably brilliant sketch-work. No wonder Romeo drank that poison. Juliet was a whore from the start. Don't even get me started on Jenny and what she did to Forrest. Furthermore, I would like to enter into evidence article #3 which by the looks of it was warn in the commission of some serious masturbatory offenses. None of which were done in the confines of the perpetrators own home. We have Mr. Gimley here to testify that the offenses were indeed committed within 200 feet of a school crossing during school hours. The suspect was witnessed by more than just one person. The suspect in question of reported by Ms. Julie Smatterson of Clarke Dalestown Elementary. This concludes today's lecture on neurotransmitters and their path through the synapse. Come to class on Friday with the Readings complete.
>> No. 108630
>>108628 EXACTLY!

You know, in the "GOT in a FIGHT Once" video, I always suspected that the part where Catie says "I don't like change!" in a british accent is an homage to Monty Python's SPAM routune.

http://youtu.be/A4OufOVdxKE
>> No. 108698
File 139347215226.jpg - (20.76KB , 666x585 , Dont_even_screw_boxxy.jpg )
108698
Now infects you, you will not win


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


Email here your suggestions/questions/complaints/appeals.


The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and boxxy falsehood.
Only a troooooll or hater would take anything posted here as valid. <3