[Unique]  [Mooninites]  [Unichan]  [Burichan]  [Futaba]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

[Return]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 108476)
Message
Captcha
File
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4000 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 696 unique user posts. View catalog

Boxxosphere SpreadShirt Store

File 139000628164.png - (329.98KB , 1280x720 , BoxxyBayBee.png )
108476 No. 108476
What Catie did right:

Perhaps the primary reason this latest Boxxy is so much better than some of the previous "New" Boxxys is this:

Catie let her out of her cage. Simple as that.

Boxxy is NOT a "Character":

For the longest time, it seems Catie has somewhat overplayed Boxxy's notorious quirky exuberance to the point of it looking "forced", and many of her viewers have made that observation.

It is almost as if she was following a pattern she originally set down for herself in her video, "Things Are About To Get Intense". When doing a self imitation, she actually exaggerated Boxxy's opening greeting of "OK HI!"

Boxxy never actually delivered that line in that exaggerated manner in her 3 original videos, which were the only Boxxy videos preceding "...Intense".

The first time I saw her do that (in "...Intense"), I paid little attention to its significance. After some time, however, I noticed that she began to deliver it that way in a number of her videos that followed, and unfortunately allowed it to creep into Boxxy's general persona. Viewing these I came to realize that, "BEING" Boxxy naturally put her way too close to what Boxxy was for her to truly understand both the attraction, and the repulsion, various people had for her. Kind of like the old adage of not being able to see the forest because you're surrounded by trees. In other words, she couldn't see the big picture because she was the very subject of it; she was right in the middle of it, and totally immersed in it.

Also, being the subject of such an excessive amount of public misrepresentations and misperception about Boxxy by both lovers and haters alike surely added to her own personal misperception of how "crazy" Boxxy was supposed to be. This was undoubtedly the way she saw Boxxy herself, but it was certainly not an objective view. As a result, I believe her amplified exuberance was merely a response to the way others responded to her, as well as an imitation of how she saw others imitate her.

Boxxy Is Not "Crazy":

Some said they loved her "craziness", while others claimed to hate her for it. But the common thread in all of that was that all of those people were calling Boxxy "crazy", and I think this had a terrible effect on her because in her own heart and mind she knew she was only behaving naturally. And she was. I recognized this the very first time I saw her, as well as when I saw her in her two subsequent videos, and I truly loved her for it.

But I think as a result of Catie hearing over and over about how "crazy" Boxxy was, she eventually began to self-consciously portray her that way, and that, I believe, is how Boxxy actually evolved into a "character". When she offered her statement in "Calm Down Holden" to the effect that Boxxy was indeed a "character", I saw it as an act of self-preservation... an act of emotional defense, if you will. I also saw, in subsequent videos, a conscious effort on her part to become more "ordinary", to cover up and distance herself from that delightfully wonderful part of herself that made her so wildly attractive in the first place, almost as if she was worried that something might really be "wrong" with her. But nothing could be further from the truth.

Boxxy is Intelligent:

No matter what anyone says about her, Boxxy is not "ditzy". She is actually quite intelligent. Even at fifteen, in her very first Boxxy video, it is obvious by her choice of words and well spoken manner of expression that even as young, and perhaps a little "naïve" as she was at that time, she was still no dummy. And that intelligence, which is an inseparable part of her, is just as clearly revealed, even under the mask of her "character", in every video she has made ever since.

That Eyeliner:

Another thing she did right was Boxxy's eyeliner. I think it was a mistake for her to change it before, because it had actually become truly iconic... her very "trademark" if you will, and therefore one of the things people most like to see, because it accentuates her exceptionally beautiful eyes, making them pop right out there at you, and melt your heart. But again, it was, to my perception, yet another effort to distance herself from that part of herself upon which had been dumped so much unjustified ridicule from jealous haters everywhere.

What Boxxy Really Is:

Boxxy lives!... and she forever resides in Catie. This is the very reason I have repeatedly sought to encourage her to "Release The Boxxy", because I know she's in there, and needs to come out. In this latest video, she finally did, and she seems to have reconciled herself to, and become comfortable with the fact that it is so O.K. for her to be Boxxy.

Boxxy IS Catie. She is not false in any way. She is simply Catie at her very natural best. She is physically beautiful, emotionally open, intellectually honest and smart, exceptionally candid, disarmingly humble, extremely loving, and incredibly sweet. Her hair is like silk, her skin is like cream, her eyes are like stars, her teeth are like pearls, her melodious voice is like honey to the ears, her expressive manner is like food for the soul, and her wonderful smile is like a warm blanket on a cold winter night.

It is really no wonder at all that she is so universally appealing, and loved by millions all over the planet. It is truly what she deserves. And the very fact that she is ridiculed by those who seem to hate everything else that is good and beautiful about our world actually amounts to only one more reason I will love her til the day I die... and maybe even longer. :)
Expand all images
>> No. 108477
TL;DR, start a blog or write a book.
>> No. 108478
>>108476
good post.
i wish she would release the boxxy more often.
>> No. 108480
So does this mean I have to objectively examine every boxxy video and apply it to some bigger human virtue, just to enjoy it?

Because that's not what I ever saw boxxy videos for.
>> No. 108482
File 139015675263.png - (309.36KB , 1280x720 , PikaShirt.png )
108482
>>108478

Thank you. And I don't mind telling you I had a bit of a tear in my eye when I finished it, because it came from the heart. Of course I agree with you, and absolutely share in your wish.
>> No. 108483
>>108480

Well... You can do what you want, of course. No one is twisting your arm. I guess it all depends upon your individual "lifestyle", since I'm sure you believe that virtue is only a "social construct".
>> No. 108494
File 139030980171.jpg - (26.56KB , 286x286 , 1383225469680.jpg )
108494
>>108483
I always enjoyed boxxy videoz cuz they were cute.
.-.
>> No. 108514
File 139093247656.jpg - (33.98KB , 300x397 , boxxys-gaia-profile.jpg )
108514
I've been studying this for four years, and there's a LOT of evidence that the origin of the Boxxy character is in anime. Specifically, since 2010, I have long believed Boxxy was originally a live action version of Catie's GAIA avatar. If I was Addi, looking at the first Boxxy video without any explanataion, that would be the only conclusion. Even the Boxxy makeup suggests anime eyes.

Catie has told all about how she was obsessed with anime, but she never acknowledged that Boxxy was inspired by anime. I think this is because she didn't want to step between the fans and what Boxxy means to them, or perhaps Boxxy means something different to Catie, who, like every 21 year old, is embarrassed by her middle-school self. (See "Letter to my 13 year old self").


Of course, there was also the factor of "mystique", an expression that Boxxy used in "FOAR EVERYWUN", which I believe is often misinterpreted. Here, I think it really means "the fun of figuring it out yourself." While Catie has never actually acknowledged that Boxxy was based on Anime, I believe she's been leaving a trail of clues for the past three years, from her choice of Halloween costume to an anecdote in which Catie actually made up Priyanka to resemble an anime character.


I think FOAR TOM represents Boxxy's debut as a human rather than a transcribed cartoon.

And I love it! The first four Boxxy videos showed an amazing growth of Catie's ability to focus and control her facial performance. FOAR SVETLANA was an astonishing human cartoon, but the fans wanted a Boxxy they could have a crush on. For the last couple of years, it seems like Catie has been struggling to resolve the contradictions, and maybe losing the struggle, but now...

FOAR TOM makes me realize that I've never really cared about Boxxy before. It was always about the intelligence that moved her. Back in the bad old days, I could see the precocious girl, winking at me from behind the mask, and I wondered if she was all right. But this time, it's really Boxxy. Catie has disappeared. Like Pinocchio, she's become a real live girl.
>> No. 108516
>>108514
I don't think so.
I think you're overthinking it.
>> No. 108517
File 139097346274.gif - (1.31MB , 200x113 , 13624010872s.gif )
108517
>>108516

Your argument lacks argument.

How much thinking does it take, really? Anime-obsessed kid who wants to marry Moroku, makes videos for her friends on a site where members communicate through anime-based avatars. Paints eyes to look big. The videos aare supposed to be a joke, and a joke needs a premise,

It's not a sure thing, but as a theory, it pretty much suggests itself. To me, it suggested itself back in 2010 before "I got in a fight once", "Letter to Myself at 13", and "FOAR GURLS FROM BOXXY"

It's actually a low probablity that a gurl who imagines herself married to an anime character isn't going to imagine herself as an anime character from time to time.
>> No. 108519
>>108517

>>Boxxy lives!... and she forever resides in Catie. This is the very reason I have repeatedly sought to encourage her to "Release The Boxxy", because I know she's in there, and needs to come out. In this latest video, she finally did, and she seems to have reconciled herself to, and become comfortable with the fact that it is so O.K. for her to be Boxxy.

It's okay for her to be Boxxy... because she's not Boxxy.

>>High school was pretty rough. Everyone was aware, and everyone made damn sure I knew they were aware. :p I learned who my real friends were very quickly, as they continued to call me by my real name. Others insisted upon calling me Boxxy.

Reddit, 1/4/2014

I think what makes Catie comfortable being Boxxy is a sense of Catie. I think maybe that's what animalist gave her.

According to Catie's Mom, her first complete sentence was "I want to be myself."

She used to struggle with this, but now she just owns it.
>> No. 108521
>>108517
The videos were silly videos for her friends until /b/ considered them valuable.
To say the entire premise of the videos were not just socializing, but to pretend to be some fictional character, is extremely far fetched and there is no evidence to support the claim.
That's not even how gaia works, people usually don't roleplay as entirely different fictional characters that they make up, they're usually versions of themselves.
There was absolutely nothing in any of the Boxxy videos that is similar to her gaia avatars, either.
That's called eyeliner, not fucking "anime eyes".
I don't see how you can look at her eyeliner and think "wow she looks like she's trying to copy her avatar". Her avatar is her, that doesn't even make sense, she's trying to copy herself?
You're definitely overthinking it. There is no deep conspiracy behind all this.
>> No. 108522
>>108521
What the fuck? So there's no evidence that Boxxy is a character? How. anout the 150,000 times Catie has said that Boxxy is a character?

>>That's not even how gaia works, people usually don't roleplay as entirely different fictional characters that they make up, they're usually versions of themselves.

Well OF COURSE Boxxy is a version of Catie! We all know this. She had Catie's username. She loves Pocky. It all fits.

>>I don't see how you can look at her eyeliner and think "wow she looks like she's trying to copy her avatar". Her avatar is her, that doesn't even make sense, she's trying to copy herself?

Oh, and I'M overthinking it? Are you saying that you couldn't tell the person and the avatar apart? You're not actually saying ANYTHING, are you?

>>There is no deep conspiracy behind all this.

Don't even know what means, but I think I agree.
>> No. 108524
>>108522
I don't think it's that big a deal. The idea that Catie would act out her avatar in a joke video isn't terribly elaborate in the context of gaia. It's not something that would take elaborate planning or brainstorming. I think it would happen pretty natually. It's just obvious, if you're going to make a silly video for you gaia friends.
>> No. 108525
File 139100401961.jpg - (96.86KB , 1280x720 , animeeyes.jpg )
108525
>>108521

That's called eyeliner, not fucking "anime eyes".
>> No. 108526
>>108521
>The videos were silly videos for her friends until /b/ considered them valuable.
>To say the entire premise of the videos were not just socializing, but to pretend to be some fictional character, is extremely far fetched and there is no evidence to support the claim.
This.

>That's called eyeliner, not fucking "anime eyes".
This.

>You're definitely overthinking it.
And this.


Have fun arguing with a brick wall, Zero.
>> No. 108527
>>108526
If you say there's no evidence after I show you the evidence, the brick was is YOU.


1. Avatar is a character based on Catie.

2. Avatar's name is Boxxy

3. Boxxy is a character based on Catie.

4. Boxxy video between Gaia buddies.

5. Give me a fucking break.

I can't prove it, but if you're gonna act like this is impossible, I really have no choice but to laugh at you.


Dude... come on! I can't prove it, but if you're pretending that there's

5. Give me a fucking break.


I mean, I can't prove it, but ser
>> No. 108528
File 139104236749.jpg - (162.62KB , 1240x775 , mickey-mouse-club-ftr.jpg )
108528
>>108526

>>The videos were silly videos for her friends until /b/ considered them valuable.

That's really the raison d'etre of this cathecism, isn't it? To establish that /b/ invented Boxxy. The reason why we're still watching these videos is not because of what's actually in the videos, it's because /b/ took her videos and weaved straw into gold with their influence of the internets.

(giggle!)
>> No. 108529
>>108526
I'm not even gonna try.
He seems legitimately crazy, like he has several different personalities in each of his different spam posts (why does he always post 3 times for each response?), and now he's just ignoring the things he's said and being a hypocrite.
>> No. 108533
>>108529

>>I'm not even gonna try.

I can see that, but it's nice that you made the effort to come up with some lazy, generic insults.
>> No. 108537
File 139111724746.png - (80.58KB , 300x271 , 13020538578.png )
108537
>>108533
>mfw a 50 year old man is bullying a teen on the internet
>> No. 108538
File 139111947821.jpg - (144.13KB , 402x402 , Shirley-Temple-9503798-1-402.jpg )
108538
I'm sorry, did I cross a line with my remark about lazy, generic insults?
>> No. 108559
>>108537

The Rat is no "bully"... not by a long shot. He's more like a public nuisance.
>> No. 108561
>>108559
Spot on.
>> No. 108615
>>108561

Yes, I agree.
>> No. 108616
>>108559
True dat,
>> No. 108617
>>108616
You are correct sir
>> No. 108618
>>108616
This
>> No. 108619
>>108615
>>108616
>>108617
>>108618
>lelelel I'm so funi, everywuns a samefag, right?
>> No. 108692
SHE GOT THE MAKEUP RIGHT!

FINALLY!!!


But Myspace? Boring...
>> No. 108728
File 139372962771.jpg - (114.26KB , 1145x1643 , 179.jpg )
108728
You cannot sell out if your gross income is expendable


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


Email here your suggestions/questions/complaints/appeals.


The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and boxxy falsehood.
Only a troooooll or hater would take anything posted here as valid. <3